Dombrov PC Baseball is a computer baseball game that is based on the Sports Illustrated Baseball board game. It includes features you would expect in other more expensive baseball simulation programs but also has several features that help Dombrov PC Baseball stand out from some of the other games. You do not need knowledge of the Sports Illustrated Baseball game to play Dombrov PC Baseball - the program will show you how! Here are just some of the features you will find in Dombrov PC Baseball along with screen shots from the program.
More about Playing the Game
Preview of Dombrov PC Baseball Screens
- Several game play options ranging from a original “board game” mode to an animated computer baseball game with textual play-by-play results
- Not familiar with the original board game? That’s okay - the program will intuitively guide you along.
- Produces realistic results comparable to that of other fine (but more expensive) baseball simulation programs
- Over 70 seasons (and growing) that can be downloaded for free.
- Perhaps the best feature is how well it captures the feel that you are playing a baseball game.
- Open game engine that allows you to see why a certain play happened and modify the game engine if desired.
- Use the built in Internet functions to play head-to-head against opponents across the nation or even from another continent! Or just play solitaire against the computer.
- Built in support for LogMeIn Hamachi to make online play a breeze.
- Extensive support for using the Lahman database. Import teams, an entire season, or the best seasons of individual players.
- Easily import your own seasons from Lahman database and create schedules and lineups from RetroSheet data
- Prefer the board game? Design and play test your charts with the program and export them to Excel for use on your table top. (requires Excel ‘97 or newer)
- Don’t want to play an entire season? Setup a tournament instead and pick your favorite teams for your tourney.
- Intuitive user interface with most functions available with a single click from the startup screen.
- Manage your favorite team (or teams) and let the computer Quick Play the rest.
- A robust set of reports, including options to colorize and include graphics, and a function to build a custom web site for your tournament or league.
- Newly updated graphical representation of Game Screen, including team logos and player images that is customizable.
- Works great with Windows Vista and Windows 7, no special procedures or administrator mode required
- Colorful game play screen that prominently displays ballpark image along with player photos.
- Comes with four original SI Baseball seasons (1970, 1971, 1972, and All Time All Stars)
- Highly configurable, including how you want the game engine to run via supplemental rules.
- Add your own images to players and ballparks, adding realism to your gaming experience.
- Full set of sound effects, including the ability to use your own game play sounds and create a playlist of your favorite songs to play between innings.
- Options to sort selected reports by statistic you choose
- Play with original Sports Illustrated Baseball rules or choose from several supplemental rules that have been provided by the SIBB gaming community.
- Chart editor that can import individual players from the Lahman database, manually create your own charts or simply tweak existing charts.
- Import schedules and lineups to your season from retrosheet.org
- Export seasons to Excel files and print them to use with the tabletop game. (this function requires Excel 2003 or newer)
- Create a draft league by making all players free agents and then drafting them to the teams in your league.
- Context-sensitive Help available by pressing F1 from any screen from the program. .